January 18, 2012

TV/Film: Review – The Troll Hunter

Was tempted to give this a go after reading a little review of it in Front, I ended up being thoroughly entertained and found the final scene absolutely unreal. The story is one of a group of student film makers in Norway who are investigating illegal bear poaching that has been reported in the news. They think they have tracked down the man responsible for these random shootings but after following out on one of his hunts they find out he’s hunting something entirely different.

It’s shot handy cam style, so think Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield, and is done pretty well. The film itself is in Norwegian so you’ve gotta be prepared to keep up with the subtitles, which usually isn’t a problem for me, but in my hungover state I struggled. Still the story wasn’t too hard to follow. One pretty big disappointment for me was the design for the trolls, they mostly looked a bit cartoony to me, there was one that made me think ‘that looks sick’ but other than that they were pretty jokey looking. But then again what is a troll meant to look like? Answers on a postcard please. All in all this film is great crack and has an epic ending, definitely watch it if you get a chance. Here’s a trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment