February 25, 2014

Why I'm Gutted FRONT is Over


It's not really new news but in case you didn't know the best magazine in the world is over. Yes, fucking FRONT has ended. This is terrible, terrible news for anyone that likes tits, ass, tattoos, hilarious writing, new music, gaming, films and booze. Oh, so every lad and most girls then!

FRONT really was something special. In a world of lad mags that are populated with football stories, expensive suits, unrealistic women and bland writing FRONT stood out. 

In the place of fake titted, peroxide haired and airbrushed females, tattooed, pierced and natural ladies filled the magazines pages. Clothing sections were full of reasonably priced hoodies and jeans. Games were reviewed by girls. And the back page was comprised of a Cuntdown for christs sake! A page solely commited to rating famous and infamous people based on how cuntish they were! Most of all the writing was genuinely funny, every page contained a laugh no matter what the subject matter. 

And that, in my opinion, is the biggest travesty of all. Original and inspired subject matter aside, in a world of substandardly written NUTS and FHM clones, the one lads mag that was consistently genuinely funny and tried to do something different has fallen at the wayside. Worst of all, we have no one to blame but ourselves. Next time you sit there chortling at some shitty 'let's take pictures of football players and then caption them as saying something funny' feature remember what was and what could have been...

I just want to take this time to say thank you to FRONT for a few things. 

Thank you to FRONT for: 


This Cuntdown entry, painfully funny:



Allowing me to discover Mel:


And Arabella:


Allowing me to see photos of people drunker than me who also have shitter mates than me: 


And for being as sick and twisted as I am:


R.I.P. FRONT, I'll never forget you.

Written by Ryan Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment